(Senior) Sales Executive
Do you want to use your commercial talent and network for an independent sales function? Do you have an affinity with the container terminal industry? Quickly read on!
As a Sales Executive you will be taking a leading role in CERTUS sales by taking end-to-end ownership of the sales cycle and shaping how we sell and position our products.
As an outstanding communicator and problem solver, you will work on a global scale to deliver maximum impact by engaging with prospective customers at all organizational levels. As a Sales Executive you will be able to shape your own career path in a high-growth environment, and be rewarded on your results.
As a leading team member in CERTUS you will work with incredible colleagues to create truly global impact. The role can be either remote or in-house.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop direct customer relationships with leading terminals utilizing a deep understanding of a potential customer’s business needs, the benefits of our solutions and the technical language applied in the container terminal industry
- Manage the end-to-end sales process from lead generation to contract closing
- Present and demo CERTUS’ products and value proposition to prospective customers
- Work with prospective customers to build business cases based on specific KPIs (solution selling)
- Prepare presentations and proposals of outstanding quality. Manage deadlines and proposal submissions.
- Navigate large complex organizations and stakeholders to uncover buying objections and identify the right decision makers
- Effectively manage a large funnel of multiple opportunities at different stages with sales cycles ranging from 3 to 18 months
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan to achieve quarterly goals and an annual quota
- Identify product improvements and effectively communicate them to the product teams
- 5+ years of professional experience in B2B sales with proven track record of enterprise solution selling, preferably within shipping, oil & gas, manufacturing or other asset heavy industries
- Proven experience with developing and successfully negotiating enterprise agreements through lengthy sales cycles
- Outstanding communication skills – able to communicate effectively with everyone from the COO to the operational planners in customer organizations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions that meet customer needs
- Strong self-drive, comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes associated with a fast-growing company
- Able and willing to travel frequently across the world to meet with prospective customers
- Strong collaboration mindset – able to work effectively with commercial and product teams
- Proficient in creating presentations in PowerPoint and high level business analyses in Excel
Bonus skills (not required)
- Have successfully sold software- and or hardware solutions to container terminals
- Have knowledge on terminal operations
Competitive salary, flexible working environment and amazing colleagues.
There is clearly more to a job than “where do I sit” – It’s about culture, it’s about social connections. It’s about helping each other become productive team members. That is why the CERTUS employee-journey is a journey of growth. As the company grows, we want you to grow, contribute and develop with it. We take pride in each individual contributing in their distinct way – it is not just about where you are, but also where you want to go in your career – we want to go there with you!