IT Consultant / Business Analyst
Are you a driven IT Consultant that likes to work on the cutting edge of business,
IT and hardware? Quickly read on!
CERTUS Port Automation
CERTUS Port Automation B.V. is a leading technology company in innovative automation solutions for container and intermodal terminals worldwide. Headquartered out of Sliedrecht, near Rotterdam, our systems empower marine and railway terminal operators to increase their performance while reducing operating costs. Deployed in over 50+ countries, terminal operators worldwide have successfully optimized their gate, crane and rail processes using our advanced OCR technology, kiosk systems and advanced software.
We thrive on innovation, providing unique business solutions to container and intermodal terminals worldwide. Our work culture is where innovation is expected, hard work is valued, and creativity is rewarded. All this within a no-nonsense organization with diverse disciplines and a great team spirit.
The operation within maritime and intermodal terminals is highly automated. The individual system solutions for terminal operations are accompanied by complex logic, which together result in optimization the use of CHE (container handling equipment), (IT) systems and resources.
We are looking for a dynamic individual, based in the Netherlands, to take on the role of Consultant who is ambitious and professional. You will be working in a challenging environment, consulting with customers, providing fixes to problems as well as liaising with the development team for more complex fixes.
You work on the cutting edge of business, IT and hardware. The latter makes it extra interesting and challenging.
A CERTUS Consultant performs analysis of business processes and associated process improvement and provides operational mentoring to CERTUS customers the PASS software.
Support the (technical) implementation of CERTUS solutions using our Implementation Methodology, with focus on business process analysis/improvement and operational mentoring. Specifically:
- Propose alternate business processes and how these can be represented in CERTUS.
- Provide domain expertise in the areas of terminal operations throughout the project life cycle.
- Provide recommendations on standard operating procedures, role definition, and structure of the operations department.
- Serve as customer advocate throughout solution design, development, and test phases to ensure delivered solution meets customer objectives.
- Support terminals at go-live with the use of the CERTUS software and operational exception handling.
- Perform tuning activities to improve productivity and/or efficiency of container terminals.
- Assist with building a growing consulting practice to include practice aids and templates for use at multiple clients.
- Supporting customers and the Certus support department.
- 2-3 years related Consultant experience.
- A strong and inherent customer service/technical support orientation.
- A good command of Dutch and English both speaking as writing.
- Living in the Netherlands as the headquarters is based near Rotterdam.
- In possession of a valid driver’s license.
- An analytical approach and interest in solving difficult problems.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database structures (MS SQL), web-based enterprise solutions and technologies.
- Knowledge of technical/business environment (e.g. Microsoft business technologies and applications, and SharePoint).
- Knowledge of software development practice, concepts/methodologies (i.e. waterfall, Agile, iterative), and technologies obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system
- Detail Oriented, hands-on, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Assesses the quality of supporting documentation, including business and process requirements documents, to ensure proper analysis supports recommendations or demonstrate continued alignment to strategic objectives.
- Must be willing to travel based on business needs and have the ability to work extended hours under tight deadlines to successfully meet objectives.
- Typically, a CERTUS Consultant can travel internationally for a period of 1 to 2 weeks.
- Positive enjoyment of teamwork especially in relation to multi-disciplinary virtual teams in disparate geographical locations.
- Knowledge of complete Microsoft Office including MS Visio.
- Liaises with the business and the technology development and support groups.
- MBO or HBO education, preferably informatics or (marine) logistics.
Additional Expertise is a plus
- College for Maritime and Port management
- Knowledge of relational database structures (MS SQL), web-based enterprise solutions and technologies
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of Maritime and Offshore sector
- Knowledge of logistics sector
40 hour working week
Half year contract and after good performance a contract for an indefinite period
Market-level salary and follow-up CAO Informatie-, Communicatie en Kantoortechnologiebranche (ICK)
Direct applications only. We respectfully request no unsolicited resumes from agencies.